Wednesday, January 30, 2008

hah!

Someone DOES read my blog!

Well, this week, as you may have heard, the Prophet of the LDS church, Gordon B. Hinckley passed away on Sunday. I was among the first people to know, because we work closely with the Brethren of the church...I've never met President Hinckley, but in a way I felt as if I had lost a grandfather or a close friend. He truely was a man of God, and a disciple of Christ. It is an honor to be a missionary at this time. I know that President Hinckley was recieved into the Lord's presence to find peace and eternal life. I know that there is life after this life, and I find peace in that.

I hope you are all well..I just wanted to leave you with some words of the Prophet Gordon B Hinckley. This is the last testimony he gave at the General Conference in Oct. 2007- I love this talk- hope you enjoy it as well!!

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=50a826cb31cf5110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1

Thanks for Reading- even if Jim is the only one who reads it! :-)

Oh, and to all of you at Bank of America---why is my voice still on the answering machine for ext. 4123? Are you just holding it for me for a year and a half?? :-D

Love you all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I did read your post...probably because I have more time on my hands to read it than others. Go to your gmail account and I'll update you as to what is going on.

dterrydavis said...

Hey Melody!

I have actually been out on leave for about a month. "Stress"!

Today is my first day back and I have been "Voted off the Island... Again!" Beginning on Monday, 02/11 I will be an HSS out on the floor again.

Not sure if this is a "good thing" or a "bad thing"... Maybe too early to tell???

Take care of yourself! :)

dterrydavis said...

By the way... Do you still check your yahoo email address?